What You Can Do
- All members received the booklet "So You Live On A Lake" in 2010. Please review this information.
- Check you driveway for excessive erosion during heavy rains. Things to do to minimize driveway erosion can be found HERE.
- Consider planting more vegetation at you shoreline to reduce runoff. Click HERE.
- Here are some examples of healthy shoreline vegetation on our lakes.
- Eliminate use of products with phosphorus which may leach into the lake. More information is available HERE.
- For more info and ideas go to the Vermont lake Protection Series.
- Be aware of Vermont State and local regulations.
- Learn about healthy streams: http://www.catskillstreams.org/pdfs/chemungstreamguidepowerpoint.pdf
- Join the Lake Rescue Association! Membership Page